Re: [Monotone-devel] performance issues for pull/sync/...

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] performance issues for pull/sync/...
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:39:24 +0200

On 18 jul 2005, at 4:02, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

These problems should be fixed in 0.21 (note you need to upgrade both
the server and client for full effect); if you still have issues,
please let us know!

The database which mike mentions is our so called 'modules' database, which now has 95 branches, one for each module. While total initial pull time is still very long, this can be split up per module to make it more bearable. Subsequent pulls on this database are in the order of 20-30 seconds for me. No speed daemon, but acceptable.

Of our 4 'aspects' we have 3 online now. The 1 which is left is our 'core' repository with over 3 years of history. The initial pull on that repository takes slightly less than 10 hours (!) duriing which roughly 50Mb is transferred. We will have to revert to an alternate way to get this repository in the developers hands (gzipped dump probably).

Subsequent pulls are in the same order of magnituded as the modules repositry (20-30 secs). Local operations on this repository are reasonable.

It all comes down to the initial pull time.

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom
HS-Development BV               --   http://www.hsdev.com