[Monotone-devel] No Security for "monotone read": Why?

From: Logan Sackette
Subject: [Monotone-devel] No Security for "monotone read": Why?
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:23:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Thanks for Monotone.  I just noticed that I can add
keys to my mtn db without a password.  I was just
wondering, why that is allowed when it seemed like
just about anything else about mtn is about security.

I guess I am just thinking of a possibly breach where
by someone who is not suppose to have access to a db
might insert their key.  Or that isn't enough to gain
access without some modification to the permit files?

Thanks again and a HNY to all.

.v

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com