Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-viz can't parse?

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-viz can't parse?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:57:36 +0100

Hej Richard,

 Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker [Thursday 12 January 2006] :
 > I've built monotone-viz (latest possible incarnation) with 0.26pre1
 > (well, actually, latest possible incarnation of mainline monotone as
 > well),

My latest commit is andrieu/2006-01-08T15:04 .

 > and am noticing that it gives an error when trying to parse the
 > revision or log for some revisions of monotone.  Mostly merges, but
 > I've noticed one non-merge revision getting the same kind of error.

If it's a parse error you should get an error window when clicking on
a node : the complete id of the revision should appear in the
window. Could you extract some of the problematic revisions (with
monotone automate get_revision) and send them to me ?

I admit that I didn't have a close look at monotone's source to
understand the format of revisions, I simply tried a couple of them
and guessed what had changed.

 > I don't know OCaml, and while Nathaniel encourages me to see things
 > like these as an opportunity to learn, I'd rather value my time and
 > leave this to the expert, at least for this one.  Olivier?

Sure, shouldn't take much time ... if you can provide me with a
revision that trips m-viz or, better, if you can point me to the
precise grammar of revisions.

--
   Olivier