Re: [Monotone-devel] some (negative) feedback -- useful reading

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] some (negative) feedback -- useful reading
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 03:05:43 -0800

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 12:32:38AM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>   -- monotone-dumb would be useful.  Since it wouldn't take much more
>      than a few days of python hacking to make it basically usable,
>      this seems doable if anyone wants to make it happen.  (I'm not
>      quite sure this

Whoops.

...(I'm not quite sure this is sufficient to achieve their goals; they
seem to want a "proven protocol" because they don't like compatibility
breaking.  Even if one layers on top of a proven protocol like HTTP,
though, one still has the issue of format changes; the only proven
protocol in this case is I guess SVN's, which is rather more mature
than others.

It is proxy friendly, though.)

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."