Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory (mtn-0.28) shows added files as

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory (mtn-0.28) shows added files as unpatched
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:01:50 -0600

Daniel THOMPSON wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Recently upgraded to and started using in earnest a post-rosters version
> of monotone (0.28). Everything is going pretty well but it appears that
> the behavior of 'automate inventory' has changed since the last version
> I used (0.25) and this has causes knock on problems with clients of this
> interface.
>
> Specifically automate inventory currently reports recently added files
> as added but not patched (' A ' rather than ' AP'). The documentation
> for automate inventory claims that ' A ' is not a valid state for a file:
>
>   ' A ' added (invalid, add should have associated patch)
>   ' AP' added and patched

I think that's a bug in the documentation. The format changed in the
0.26 version of monotone with the internal "rosters" stuff. Internally
monotone no longer considers added files as also patched. Earlier
versions did record a patch for added files.

I'll update the docs sometime over the weekend.

Cheers,
Derek