Re: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory (mtn-0.28) shows added files

From: Daniel THOMPSON
Subject: Re: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory (mtn-0.28) shows added files as unpatched
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:00:59 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> Umm, Derek?  'automate' is where we're supposed to actually care about
> compatibility -- that we happened to tweak the changeset format is
> fine, but I'm sure the connection between that and the inventory
> output format is not obvious to people implementing 3rd-party tools,
> and this is something that would be have pretty trivial to keep the
> same...
>
> That said, we did break 'automate inventory' in 3 released versions
> now, so meld should probably learn to handle both whether we put the
> P's back or not, and technically we bumped the 'automate' major number

I've already submitted a patch to fix this.

However the comment at the top is rather vague (along the 'hmmn, seems
to have broken' category), if you guys decide that ' A ' is the
right-thing-to-do then I'll change this comment into something more
concrete (otherwise at some point we're sure to regress support for
older monotones).

PS Were any of the breakages, except this one, after 0.23? IIRC that was
the first version I targeted with meld.

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <address@hidden>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?