Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn add weirdness

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn add weirdness
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 16:49:03 -0700

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 10:43:17PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> address@hidden:~/OE/monotone/org.openembedded.dev/packages$ mtn commit
> nonworking/gutenprint/gutenprint_5.0.0.bb

^^ Oh, I see, I miseed this line before -- 0.27 had a bug where
_unrestricted_ commits would give weird error messages like this, but
you actually are doing a restricted commit.

> mtn: warning: restriction excludes addition of
> 'packages/nonworking/gutenprint' but includes addition of
> 'packages/nonworking/gutenprint/gutenprint_5.0.0.bb'
> mtn: misuse: invalid restriction

So, umm... you did in fact tell monotone to commit just the addition
of the .bb file, and not the addition of the directory containing it.
For obvious (I think?) reasons, that Just Can't Be Done :-).

Would a different error message have made this more clear?  Is there
some other behavior you would have preferred?

Sentience can be such a burden.

This email may be read aloud.