Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn add weirdness

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn add weirdness
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:00:19 +1000

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 12:51:28PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > I can't see that would cause particular problems.  I must admit the
> > current behaviour also feels quite logical.
>
> It isn't:
>
> mtn add dir/dir2/dir3/foo.file -> adds file + dirs
> mtn commit dir/dir2/dir3/foo.file -> errors out

It errors out if you haven't first done the add.  If you have done the
add, with the commands in this order, it works fine and behaves as
most of us seem to expect.

I wonder if the fundamental difference in expectation here isn't
subtly different than it might seem: perhaps you expect (or wish) that
commit implied the add?

--
Dan.