Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.migration
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:27:46 -0700

On 8/22/06, Marcel van der Boom <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not married to writing to _MTN/revision but what i would like to
be able to do is to set an arbitrary revid as the base revision to
get information about what the workspace at the install is like in
relation to that revision. Putting that revid in the revision file
and using mtn status / mtn diff --external is the usual start sequence.

Hm.  mtn diff -r<base> [--external] does not do what you want in this
instance?  I admit it doesn't work for all commands, but we could make
it work if that was what you were really looking for.

[Tangential pet peeve: mtn log -r<rev> should print the log for *just
that revision*...]

I'll note that you can still mess with _MTN/revision if you want; it's
just that you have to do something slightly more complicated than you
used to; like for instance

$ perl -pi.bak -e 's/ (?<=\[) [0-9a-f]+ (?=\]) /<revision>/x if
/old_revision/' _MTN/revision

(where <revision> is the base revision ID you want, and all the other
mumbo jumbo is exactly as shown).

zw