Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.migration
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:05:08 -0600

Marcel van der Boom wrote:
This currently allows me to quickly put a number of revisions in the _MTN/revision file and get a feel where the workspace is at and what needs to be done to upgrade/downgrade it to some revision we want. Recently, the mtn pluck command has been added to the toolset for these excercises :-)

This was exactly the thing I was looking for when I first stumbled on monotone a few years ago and was the initial point of my associated nvm.noclobber branch. One possible alternative might be something like 'mtn checkout/update --nofiles'.

Basically, "attach" this "detached" directory tree to monotone so I can see what sort of state its in. Consider cvs/svn export, which are essentially checkout without workspace information. This is essentially the inverse command, although cvs/svn use import to mean something else entirely! ;)

Cheers,
Derek