Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:38:45 +0200

Christof Petig wrote:
a file_id RCS revision table would be 1:N and is as such perhaps a bit
inconvenient ...

Yes, I see... hm...

cvssync2 adds a file (called .mtn-sync-cvs which contains (more than) a
table of ( revision[/keyword_substitution] path file_id ) per revision
to store that information (easily delta encoded and distributed this way)).*

> I would be happy to have any rcs_revision information available from a
> cvs_import!

Yes, adding ( RCS-Revision, file_path ) per revision to a cert would be great. I don't think file_id should be in there again.

Perhaps storing that information and building a
map<pair<path,rcs_revision>,list<revision_id> > from all known revisions
to determine the branch point is a good idea. Since searching branch
roots should be a seldom operation performance is not critical and you
should be able to build the table afterwards.

Hm.. I don't really get my mind around that map, currently. However, I don't only need to get the branch root, but I also have to be able to determine the order of the file revisions by RCS version (instead of the date, as it is done now).

But maybe that can be done before, correcting the date. And this is also irrelevant for later resyncs...

I need to think more about it.

Regards

Markus