Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:48:14 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
I have read the design-notes.txt of cvs2svn (which is a very good documentation of their process, BTW) and came to the conclusion that we cannot rely on the timestamp of the file revisions. Thus I began implementing a file_id -> RCS revision number mapping. I've currently just added a table to do this. Having that information stored durably allows for a faster resync later on, I think.

I've just synced my changes to venge.net. Please be aware that the code currently is quite messy. The branch point detection code relies on the timestamp, which is surely wrong.

I'll try to clean it up somewhat as soon as possible.

Regarding RCS revision number: saving all RCS numbers of every file in a revision in a cert is fine, but I need to be able to get the number for a file_id. Is it okay to have a SQL table for that? What else would be feasible?

Regards

Markus