Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:07:02 +0200

Bruce Stephens wrote:
Ah, OK.  Yes, I can see that would work.  No idea whether that would
be better or worse than using file attributes.  I guess if this were a
cert, then there'd be a potential problem with multiple (incompatible)
certs on the same revision.

Why should that happen?

If you have a hand-crafted CVS repository to resync, then you will run into much more trouble than just multiple cvs_info certs.

Thinking more about it, that won't even happen because you will end up with a different revision_id and thus you won't have problems with multiple certs on the same revision, but you will end up with multiple revisions for the 'same' CVS 'revision' (well, a pre-hand-crafting and a post-one).

I can't think of another case where cvsimport would be tempted to create multiple certs for the the same revision. What do I miss?

Regards

Markus