[Monotone-devel] [Poll] Domain for monotone

From: me
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [Poll] Domain for monotone
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:06:32 +0200

Hi all!

I'd like to sponsor monotone a recognizable domain (probably .org since this is
the best fitting TLD for OS projects and alike). Whatever domain gets the
highest votes within the next days is registered by me. I'd then configure a
frame redirect to venge.net/monotone for it shortly after it gets available.

Through IRC I gathered the following domain proposals (keep in mind that both
mtn.org and monotone.org are already taken =( ):

monotone-the-scm.org
monotone-the-vcs.org
monotone-scm.org
monotone-vcs.org
mtn-scm.org
mtn-vcs.org
mtnscm.org
mtnvcs.org

If you have further proposals, don't hesitate to mention them as well.
Otherwise, please choose your "top 5" out of the above list and reply in this
thread like

1. <first choice>
2. <second choice>
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

In the end each one's first choice gets 5 points, the second choice 4 points
aso. down to the fifth choice, which only receives 1 point.

Please don't discuss the general need/activity in this thread, but make a
separate one, so it is easier for me to count all the points together later on
=)

Thomas (tommyd).