Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug report
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:35:10 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:54:45AM -0700, Rob Schoening wrote:
>    This may be the strange behavior that I have seen with "mtn mv" in the
>    past, particularly when using Eclipse's class/package name refactoring for
>    java sources.
>
>    After getting stuck a few times with invariant violations after moving
>    directories and files into the new directories, I found that I could keep
>    out of trouble by performing directory renames and committing them in
>    their own revision.

Please tell us when you run into invariant violations like that? :-)
They are always bugs, we usually don't know about them unless someone
tells us (or we'd have fixed them!), and your workaround is almost
certainly more cumbersome for you than it needs to be...

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music