[Monotone-devel] Autobuild scripts for Unix?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Autobuild scripts for Unix?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:47:39 +0100

I'm imagining a nice reasonably portable shellscript that can download
working versions of the various things that monotone requires (or can
give me a list of URLs of things it wants), can build and install them
in some temporary directory, and (I guess) automatically build a
fairly static version of monotone.

Wouldn't that be cool?  Does it exist?

Specifically we've got a CentOS 4.3 box, and when I last tried
configure complained about libboost (it has 1.3.0 rather than 1.3.1, I
think), and probably other things are just slightly out of date.  And
yum wasn't forthcoming about new versions of libboost, so probably
they aren't available.

Similarly, we've got an HP-UX 11.11 PARISC box that it would be nice
to have monotone on.  No problem with gcc (well, I say that; in fact I
believe it's a nightmare trying to get that built, but we have to
anyway, so assume a reasonable version of g++ is available).

And for that matter, Solaris binaries would be handy, or are they
available already?