Re: [Monotone-devel] mtteam : Eclipse team plugin for monotone

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtteam : Eclipse team plugin for monotone
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:37:27 -0600

Jon Bright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a team plugin for Eclipse.  It currently has only the bare

Fantastic!

> necessities.  With it, you can:
>
>  - Share a project not currently under revision control.
>  - Mark an existing monotone workspace as being managed by monotone.

OK, so I've downloaded and checked out the source and installed the plugin.

When I say team -- share project on the checked out source I select
monotone as the type and it says "This project is already a monotone
workspace. Click Finish." When I do this I get "An error occurred while
sharing the project: Reason: Invocation of the sharing action failed"
clicking Details shows java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

Any ideas?

> The code is also not wildly pretty.  This is also the first time I've
> written an Eclipse plugin, or touched SWT.  So I've probably done whole
> reams of stuff wrong.

I've never done this either, but I have fiddled around with an intellij
plugin for monotone so I have a vague idea of what needs to happen and
I'd love to see this working well so I'm happy to help.

> To use it, you'll need a 5.0 JRE and Eclipse 3.2 (it might work with an
> older Eclipse, but no promises).  To install it:

I'm running an older 3.2.0 M20060629-1905 build under the sun 1.5.0_06  jdk.

> To get the source:
>
> mtn --db=... pull ensued.net net.ensued.*

I had to add --key="" to get this to work.

> There are three branches:
>
>  - net.ensued.mtteam, the code for the plugin itself
>  - net.ensued.mtteam.feature, the Eclipse "feature" for the plugin
>  - net.ensued.mtteam.updatesite, the Eclipse update site

Got 'em all... now I just need to look at them and see what the feature
and updatesite things are all about.

Cheers,
Derek