Re: [Monotone-devel] trouble with monotone 0.30, now on Ubuntu AMD64

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] trouble with monotone 0.30, now on Ubuntu AMD64
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:43:20 -0700

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 09:06:48PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> checking whether C++ streams support sync_with_stdio... configure: error:
> could not generate input for test 1

>From the log, it looks like you don't have g++ installed on this box.
The configure script really should error out when it discovers that...
I don't know what we're doing wrong there.  Anyway, that's the
problem.

Also note the existence of this deb:
  http://venge.net/monotone/downloads/monotone_0.30-dapper0.1_amd64.deb

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould