[Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 01:49:38 -0000

Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> Well, what I really want to do is have a mechanism that automatically
> distributes the necessary hooks from one central point.  For sure the
> members of the same team need the same trust policies, local
> alterations not allowed.  So if you want to join the team, you first
> have to synchronize the trust policies.  This does not preclude simple
> cloning for private work.  Perhaps the right question is, does this
> layer belong to monotone or not ?

I guess it does not belong to monotone. As you even want to forbid
developers to change trust policies I think a distributed revision control
system is not what you want. What monotone does is copying data between
databases. Once it is there revisions can be combined flexibly. And how they
are combined depends on the local configuration (the hook functions). At
least that's my understanding so far (as usual without any warranties ;).

Boris