Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 19:29:10 -0600

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 14:37 -0600, Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> Well, what I really want to do is have a mechanism that automatically
> distributes the necessary hooks from one central point.  For sure the
> members of the same team need the same trust policies, local
> alterations not allowed.  So if you want to join the team, you first
> have to synchronize the trust policies.  This does not preclude simple
> cloning for private work.  Perhaps the right question is, does this
> layer belong to monotone or not ?

Monotone does not currently support this; you'll need to manage the
hooks yourself. You might be able to do this by having your hooks file
just download a file from a central server and then
'include("/tmp/downloaded-hooks.lua")'.

Monotone will support this in the future, but we don't know exactly
when. A couple of relevant pages on the wiki are
   http://www.venge.net/monotone/wiki/VersionedPolicy
and
   http://www.venge.net/monotone/wiki/TrustDiscussion
.