Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys

From: Benoît Dejean
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:45:18 +0200

Le vendredi 05 octobre 2007 à 14:08 -0700, Nathaniel Smith a écrit :
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 10:07:49AM +0200, Benot Dejean wrote:
> > Let me explain better.
> >
> > I'm missing two public keys:
> > - an old key of mine that i used to commit on this project.
> > - a key from a another developer.
> >
> > I though the keys were stored in the database. My old key was surely in
> > my ~/.monotone/keys but i think i deleted it because i no longer needed
> > it. Maybe that was a mistake. But the developer key, i never touched it:
> > i got this developer's revisions only by sync'ing. I don't understand.
> > These branches are 1 year old.
>
> I don't understand either; for every cert in a db, we're supposed to
> also have the corresponding public key in the db.

Is there a way to fix the db then ? Like re-signing the certs ?
Is it possible that a schema migration once missed some keys ?

> What does ls keys say?

It doesn't show the missing key. They are not in the db, neither in the
keystore.

> Does the server (that you and the other developer presumably sync
> with) have the keys?

No server. The project is dead and i haven't managed the developer.
In order to be able to checkout, i've patched
bogus_cert_p to ignore unknown cert.

Thank you very much.
--
Benoît Dejean