Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys

From: Peter Stirling
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 04:31:01 +0100

I believe I have something that can help you.

I wrote a lua program that:
Looks for revisions with 'bad' certificates (as reported by "mtn au certs <rev>") which have private keys available to monotone
                (ie "mtn au keys" has a "private_location"), and
        Uses the "mtn db execute" command to delete the bad certs
(all certs for that revision by that key because figuring out the hash of the bad certs was beyond me, however it does track all the good certs as well as bad for reinsertion), and finally,
        Uses "mtn au cert <rev>" to add the certs back to the database.

(I managed to lose the password to my key so I had to delete the key, and generate a new one, causing monotone to complain
 loud and long for every invocation)

I've used it on my own database and it seems to do the job without wrecking anything but I would (and did) make backups before trying it out.

Assuming that no one reading this sees holes in its logic (or points out some mtn invocation that I missed that magically does this for you)
I can mail you a copy. :)