Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys

From: Peter Stirling
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] missing public keys
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:09:24 +0100

Yes, but you can just generate *new* keys (with the same name), which will invalidate all the certificates, but they aren't valid anyway (well, they were valid when they were signed but they can't be verified now, which is your problem)

Once you have the new keys then you can just re-sign all the certs, and then monotone will stop complaining.

If you aren't interested in maintaining the history of the other keys then you could just re-sign with your normal key (my program can't do it directly like this atm but it wouldn't take long to change). It mostly depends on your needs. Reading your OP the other people who signed certificates are no longer in the picture, so the issue of tracking 'who was responsible for this revision' for historical stuff may not be as important (to you) as the new stuff you plan to do as soon as it will stop complaining every time you invoke mtn. :)

Essentially we lie to monotone to get it to believe something that we know is true.