[Monotone-devel] Re: kibi!

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: kibi!
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:31:00 +0200

Justin Patrin wrote:
> The hard drive manufacturers lie and say that 1000
> bytes is a kilobyte but as far as I know all other uses of kilobyte
> mean 1024 bytes.

Floppy disk are even worse than HDD: "1.44 MB" is 1.44*1024*1000.

And, even if I understand 1024 is "commonly used" I have BIG problems
saying that hard drive manufacturers are LYING, when if fact they're
following international standards.

IMHO we either follow them or not, or else it would be as good to use
gallons instead of liters... (errr! :P)

Not a big deal, anyway, I just wanted to check the consensus regarding
that little string.

    Lapo