Re: [Monotone-devel] After a few personal headaches, it *is* time for a

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] After a few personal headaches, it *is* time for a release
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:04:53 -0400

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Since there is no MinGW buildbot yet, I'll run the tests myself.

Here's the current failures:

./run_unit_tests
 59 pipe_simple_pipe                              FAIL (line 1)

This was failing in the 0.36 release; I think it's a race condition.

./run_lua_tests
369 revert_unchanged_file_preserves_mtime         FAIL (line 24)

This has been failing for a while; see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2007-09/msg00210.html

404 syntax_errors_in_.mtn-ignore                  FAIL (line 15)

This is due to line endings; the test compares "known good" files with
Unix line endings to generated files with DOS line endings.

The Lua test 'samefile' doesn't have an "ignore-line-endings' option.

We could run `unix2dos' after the reference file is copied; that is
provided by MinGW.

Is there some other "standard" solution to line-ending differences?

--
-- Stephe