[Monotone-devel] fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:38:25 -0400

We're porting monotone to the Lynx operating system. So far it passes
the first set of unit tests.

The problem at the moment is this error:

fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded

It's complaining that it was unable to collect enough entropy.

We use ssh on the same platform, and it manages to collect enough
entropy, so there is probably a way around this. We're looking into
what ssh does for this.

My question is; can we just tell monotone to ignore this?

We will only be using ssh:// for netsync, so we don't need random numbers for
netsync authentication.

What else are random numbers used for? As I understand it, signing
does not use random numbers, but maybe I'm confused.

--
-- Stephe