Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:53:47 -0700

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:38:25AM -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
> We're porting monotone to the Lynx operating system. So far it passes
> the first set of unit tests.
>
> The problem at the moment is this error:
>
> fatal: Botan::PRNG_Unseeded

Basically, this is a question about porting Botan to another system;
I think the Botan list will likely be more able to help.

> What else are random numbers used for? As I understand it, signing
> does not use random numbers, but maybe I'm confused.

IIRC signatures do include random nonces -- I think this is one of the
things I picked up from Paul's rants about our cryptography -- but I
could be wrong too.

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.