Re: [Monotone-devel] Time to think about a release?

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time to think about a release?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:40:46 -0400

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Zack Weinberg wrote:
>  > I should mention that there's an as-yet-unimplemented change I wanted
>  > to piggyback on the db-compaction branch which would have had
>  > user-visible consequences -- eliminating the use of IDNA for various
>  > in-database strings.
>
>  Hm.. does it really make sense to piggyback those to db-compaction? That
>  branch already contains way too many changes, IMO, so I'd vote for doing
>  that in a separate branch.

I had two reasons: it gets awkward to have multiple outstanding
branches with schema changes, and I'm not sure the change I have in
mind touches the schema hash.

Neither is all that compelling, though.

>  Uh.. are there other problems, besides the schema_migration?

I'd like to understand why a regenerate_caches run is necessary, at
least.  It really oughtn't.

>  Nope, I've solved those last weekend. schema_migration is the only
>  failing test remaining (not taking the two failures from mainline into
>  account).

We have test failures on mainline again? ugh.

zw