Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:46:30 +0200

Hi,

Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
The alternative is to place a full SQLite build-environment 1:1 into
sqlite/ and also run its own "configure" step during Monotone's
"configure" step.

Yes, that's what I've been talking about and what nvm.library-build is all about.

No, the amalgamation "sqlite3.c" file is not really pre-processed in
the meaning of the C pre-processor. But it is pre-processed in the
meaning of the Lemon parsor generator, etc. It is more or less just
a concatenation of the *.c source files (where parse.c is also used
instead of parse.y, etc).

Aha, okay. Do you think we should use that, as recommended by sqlite.org?

Ok, I've it running. I dropped sqlite/*, added sqlite3.[ch] and
adjusted the Monotone build-environment for this. I'm now checking the
functionality under run-time (especially via the test suite)...

Cool. Already gotten results from the testsuite?

Do you mind publishing your changes? That might get useful in nvm.library-build. Maybe we can upgrade to sqlite 3.5 first, then propagate nvm.library-build?

Regards

Markus