Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: summit flag day?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: summit flag day?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:50:13 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht schrieb:
Hi,

Richard Levitte wrote:
The only thing that I see might need a flag day of all those things is
this mega-cert change, which I'm not sure is needed, relatively
speaking.

(Assuming we want atomic certs) I'm thinking about splitting that task up into two: one is the internal change of the storage format: instead of saving multiple certs per revision - each in a row in revision_certs - we collect them together and save them in one single blob / row per revision. That could be done without requiring a flag day or anything. Netsync as well as signing and verifying would work as before.

I'd keep revision_certs as a "local cache" of cert blobs which are stored elsewhere (revision_certs_blobs?!). Otherwise we'd have big problems with fast lookups of revisions via their certs (i.e. select).

Thomas.