Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: summit flag day?

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: summit flag day?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:39:31 +0200

Hi,

Richard Levitte wrote:
The only thing that I see might need a flag day of all those things is
this mega-cert change, which I'm not sure is needed, relatively
speaking.

(Assuming we want atomic certs) I'm thinking about splitting that task up into two: one is the internal change of the storage format: instead of saving multiple certs per revision - each in a row in revision_certs - we collect them together and save them in one single blob / row per revision. That could be done without requiring a flag day or anything. Netsync as well as signing and verifying would work as before.

The second step then would certainly require a (netsync-) flag day: netsync must be aware of the atomicity of what's currently multiple certs and sync them together.

Within that line of thought, no other flag days except netsync flag days exist.

Markus