Re: [Monotone-devel] Blank spaces in monotone manual?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Blank spaces in monotone manual?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:46:08 -0400

Brian May <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 02:43:56PM +0100, Peter Stirling wrote:
>>
>>> I get the same with Preview.app, highlighting the text gives an odd
>>> effect too.
>>>

>> So either Preview and kinqueror share code (or at least bugs) or
>> there's something odd about the pdf file.
>>
> Same thing with evince.
>
> My gut feeling is that this is a problem with the PDF file, as the
> pages still seem to fit. Possibly, the generator tried to justify the
> text from the top to the bottom of the page, and had problems doing so
> due to the large graphic on the next page. If so, adding more text
> would help.
>
> Hmmm. Is the source LaTeX by any chance?

The source is texinfo; there's nothing special at that point in the
source.

Trying to generate the pdf on my machine (Windows/MinGW) doesn't work,
although in general I can generate PDF from LaTeX; I have not tried
directly from texinfo before.

The Makefile runs 'texi2dvi --pdf --batch monotone.texi' to generate
the pdf; you might try playing with other options to see what happens.

--
-- Stephe