[Monotone-devel] Re: Blank spaces in monotone manual?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Blank spaces in monotone manual?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:11:54 +0100

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> The Makefile runs 'texi2dvi --pdf --batch monotone.texi' to generate
> the pdf; you might try playing with other options to see what happens.

That seems unlikely to help in any easy way.  A possibility might be
to try the DocBook path, and maybe (depending on what DocBook to PDF
toolchain you have) that would work better.

TeXinfo is TeX (the file begins by including the texinfo macros), so
fiddling with the source file (or macros themselves) seems likely to
be the easiest way to fix it, IMHO.

I agree that page looks weird.  Maybe move a paragraph or two to
before the image?  Or ask on some TeX forum about likely paramaters to
twiddle with?  In LaTeX such things can be allowed to float (which
doesn't always work easily, or well), and I think one can do that in
raw TeX too.  I don't know whether TeXinfo offers floats.