Re: [Monotone-devel] library build

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] library build
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:13:47 +0200

2008/9/29 Jack Lloyd <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:01:50PM +0200, Zbigniew Zag??rski wrote:
>
>> Jack: are you interested in making botan compliant to standard
>> "configure/make" scenario ?
>
> Um.... not particularly, TBH. I really really do not like autoconf.
> And it is completely useless off Unix.

Have very similar feelings. However most liked feature for me is ability
automagically detect cross-compiling environment.

> That said if someone sent me a configure.in that worked and handled
> the same things configure.pl does I would certainly ship it at least
> as an option.
>
>> I know it's overkill sometimes but making > configuration script
>> names "configure" and supporting --prefix option > would be very
>> convienient for some ad-hoc builders.

Sorry I was misguided by fact that Makefile contained
hardocoded "C:\Botan" ... i didn't notice that it was generated.

> Just it being named configure instead of configure.pl is a major
> factor? :(

No, i was struggling with --os --cpu for a moment (wanting to build
asm versions)
but now everything is fine. BTW, I've got patch that enables
configure.pl to detect
mingw/msys automagically.

--
Zbigniew Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /