[Monotone-devel] Hooks

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Hooks
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:34:16 +0200

Is it possible to write a hook that implements Ludovic's solution to the "undo a commit" problem? :

1) Edit _MTN/revisions and change the value of old_revision to the previous revision.

2) Run 'mtn db kill_rev_locally'

I was thinking that an easy way to implement an "mtn uncommit" command might be through a Lua hook. Here is a quick sketch:

function uncommit()
    -- Find the id of the revision before this one.
    -- Find the _MTN directory.
    -- read_contents_of_file(_MTN/revision)
    -- Edit the old_revision line.
    -- Run db kill_rev_locally
end

I cannot figure out how to do these things (or if it's possible) from the Hook documentation. I don't know if the Hook reference is the entire API or if Monotone offers other features to Hook writers.

Daniel.