Re: [Monotone-devel] mtndumb & public cert_id

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtndumb & public cert_id
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:46:31 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 17.12.2008, 13:14 +0100 schrieb Zbigniew Zagórski:
> Regarding timing:
>
> For my private database (~1200 revs):
>    old approach      15s    (~1200 automate calls)
>    new approach      2s     (~15 automate calls)
>
> For net.venge.monotone db (14348 revs):
>    old approach      180s   (~14400 automate calls)
>    new approach      10s    (~70 automate calls)
>
> These are _very_ manual tests and take into account whole process
> running, including spawning python, monotone. BTW, on linux timings
> are usually twice as faster for old approach so win32 is
> also an issue.
I worked around a similar issue (I have to get a table of all revisions
with a given cert, and the value of that cert) in my hg2mtn tool by
querying the database directly (mtn db execute). Of course, that's an
unstable interface, but it works for now.
The runtime effect was similar to yours.

Patrick Georgi