[Monotone-devel] monotone crashes

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone crashes
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:13:32 +0100

Hi everyone,

using monotone 0.41 (base revision:
9b264ec9247ce99cd1fdc5293e869c1a60b01c4c), I get two different
(probably unrelated) crashes on two different databases. Both are
repeatable.

When I try to sync my university database with the monotone server I
setup in the office, I get:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'informative_failure'
  what():  error: wanted 1 rows got 0 in query: SELECT data FROM
revisions WHERE id = ?
mtn: fatal signal: Aborted
this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden
do not send a core dump, but if you have one,
please preserve it in case we ask you for information from it.
Aborted

When I try to migrate an old database, I get:
mtn: calculating migration...
mtn: migrating data...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'informative_failure'
  what():  error: sqlite error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active
mtn: fatal signal: Aborted
this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden
do not send a core dump, but if you have one,
please preserve it in case we ask you for information from it.
Aborted

Both happen with the version I packaged for Ubuntu 8.04, but running
on an Ubuntu 8.10 machine. IIRC I had to enable static linking for
PCRE, because the 8.04 version was too old. Other than that no
modifications. Full monotone version output is here:

monotone 0.41 (base revision: 9b264ec9247ce99cd1fdc5293e869c1a60b01c4c)
Running on          : Linux 2.6.27-9-generic #1 SMP Thu Nov 20
21:57:00 UTC 2008 i686
C++ compiler        : GNU C++ version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)
C++ standard library: GNU libstdc++ version 20080329
Boost version       : 1_34_1
Changes since base revision:
unknown

Any advice?