Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone crashes

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone crashes
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:49:21 +0100

Ulf Ochsenfahrt schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> using monotone 0.41 (base revision:
> 9b264ec9247ce99cd1fdc5293e869c1a60b01c4c), I get two different
> (probably unrelated) crashes on two different databases. Both are
> repeatable.
>
> When I try to sync my university database with the monotone server I
> setup in the office, I get:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'informative_failure'
>   what():  error: wanted 1 rows got 0 in query: SELECT data FROM
> revisions WHERE id = ?
> mtn: fatal signal: Aborted
> this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

This rather sounds like a database inconsistency to me. Have you tried
to run mtn db check?

The error messages you get are obviously very bad - if its really a
database inconsistency, maybe we should run a couple of basic checks
each time we open a database (check referenced data, counts, stuff like
that), if this is not already done, and hint the user to call mtn db
check in case we find stuff?

Thomas.