Re: [Monotone-devel] FYI - mtn-browse

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] FYI - mtn-browse
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 17:43:15 +0100

Hello,

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Anthony Edward Cooper
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a quick email to say that I have been developing a Linux desktop
> application called mtn-browse that allows browsing of Monotone databases
> without the need of a workspace. This works on Linux and Mac's OSX. It is
> written in Perl/Gtk+ and makes use of Monotone::AutomateStdio, a CPAN Perl
> library I have written that gives full access to the au stdio i/f.
>
> For further details please go to:
>
> http://www.coosoft.plus.com/software.html

The application seems very nice, but could there be some more detailed
installation instructions for those mortals that don't know nothing
about perl and CPAN (other than "reading about it on the internet")?
The "perl Makefile.PL" thing complains about missing "Gtk2::SourceView
1", but already installed it, as can be seen here:

$ dpkg -l | grep SourceView
ii  libgtk2-sourceview-perl                        1.000-0ubuntu3
                                       Perl wrappers for the
GtkSourceView widget

I'm  using [K]Ubuntu 8.04.

If I resolve this I will probably be blocked next on the
AutomateStudio thing, as I have no idea on how to install a CPAN
module.

Anyway, the screen shots are pretty impressive, so good job.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas