Re: [Monotone-devel] Possible Minor Bug With Automate Stdio I/F select.

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Possible Minor Bug With Automate Stdio I/F select...
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 01:35:22 +0200

Zack Weinberg schrieb:
> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Anthony Edward Cooper
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>        default:
>> -          W(F("unknown selector type: %c") % sel[0]);
>> +          E(false, origin::user, F("unknown selector type: %c") % sel[0]);
>>          break;
>
> That's a fairly significant behavior change and visible to
> non-automate use, but it seems to me that it's maybe what we actually
> want -- something like "mtn log --from x:" right now spews every
> revision in the database to stderr...
>
> I'd like to hear what other people think before it lands, though.

I'm ok with that, given the fact that we error out loudly on other
selector syntax errors.

Another topic is of course the problem that warnings are transported as
out-of-band messages in stdio - something which was adressed by Christof
in nvm.automate_out_of_band long ago but since then failed to find its
way into mainline... if anyone wants to pick this one up, go ahead. I
did a merge (and fixup) not too long ago, so its might be actually
pretty simple to integrate.

Thomas.