[Monotone-devel] packages linked from homepage [Was: monotone 0.44 relea

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] packages linked from homepage [Was: monotone 0.44 released]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:53:05 +0200

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Lapo Luchini schrieb:
>> Thomas Keller wrote:
>>> monotone 0.44 was released today.
>> …and is on FreeBSD Ports since yesterday =)
>>
>> http://www.freshports.org/devel/monotone/
>
> Cool, do you want to link that from the front page?

Mhh, FreeBSD Ports and CygWin packages were sometimes linked from the
"Get It" list in homepage but I don't think they really fit in there:
that's a list of downloadable packages of latest revision only, not of
packaging system that include monotone.
OTOH people on system that use packaging system usually prefer to use
any latest revision their packager think should be available on their
system and thus don't really care if it's latest-latest or not, so
listing in homepage ONLY latest-revision packages seems a bit diminutive
to me: reading the website it seems monotone is never available on
FreeBSD, NetBSD, nor Debian... while in fact it's been in there
consistently for a few years.

Take a look at the committed proposal in revision
8918c97095c9736e554a2428b9a784f1128c8107
which you can get with: mtn pull lapo.it net.venge.monotone.web

PS: I think MIME-types on monotone.ca should be hacked in order to serve
files such as NEWS as text/plain and not as a generic binary download

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“UNIX is user-friendly, it just chooses its friends.” (Andreas Bogk)