Re: [Monotone-devel] diff --reverse?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] diff --reverse?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:28:10 -0400

Derek Scherger <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Stephen Leake <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> we building two csets, but only returning one of them?
>
> From what I can see the excluded cset is never used, calculating it is
> completely redundant and should be removed.

Ok, I've deleted 'excluded', and only one test is failing
(log_--diffs); I'm looking into it.

> A complete guess but the "new_is_archived" flag is probably used to pull the
> new revision_from the database in the case when it lives there. When you're
> going in reverse "new" probably has a different meaning. If your workspace
> is uncommitted and you're attempting to diff from some committed revision
> *back* to your uncommitted workspace then "new" really means "old" (i.e.
> your workspace) and new_is_archived should be false.

This was a good hint. It turns out I need to add 'old_is_archived'.

Committed in nvm.stephe. See the test in tests/diff_reverse, and
tests/automate_content_diff. Not quite ready to merge to main, since
tests/log_--diffs is failing.

--
-- Stephe