[Monotone-devel] private --> public project

From: Brian May
Subject: [Monotone-devel] private --> public project
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:15:01 +1000

Hello,

I have a project that has been private, and I would like to make it public.

Unfortunately, prior commits, due to prior mistakes, contain files that should
not be made public, for legal reasons[1].

What options do I have?

Initially I thought I could create a new branch, and push this branch to
another repository. Unfortunately it appears that the push operation will push
all revisions too.

I guess I could manually import the files into a new respository - is there any
other solution?

Thanks
--
Brian May <address@hidden>

[1] the software keeps track of license keys and in some revisions I kept track
of the license keys in text files.