Re: [Monotone-devel] Patch review on sha1.cc

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Patch review on sha1.cc
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:39:36 -0500

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:01:48AM +0100, Markus Wanner wrote:

> Cool, I'd say commit that as well. Anybody insisting on a separate
> staging branch for botan 1.9.x related changes? (I don't).

Hopefully will not be necessary. Now that it's easy to compile mtn
against a botan that's sitting in my workspace I'm definitely
attempting to minimize any drift that's going to break code needlessly
(unless it clearly makes things simpler, as with removing the timer
arg in this case). 1.9 is the future 1.10 (though not for a while, end
of next year seems earliest plausible 1.10.0), and I'm mostly planning
on changes there being evolutionary/additive rather than
invasive/app-breaking; those will come in 2.0 when botan moves to
C++0x and starts making use of threads, futures, lambdas, etc...

-Jack