[Monotone-devel] Commit error (Possible LUA problem)

From: Philipp Gröschler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Commit error (Possible LUA problem)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:16:53 +0100

Hello!

Recently on my laptop Monotone startet throwing errors when trying to
commit. They look like:

> mtn: beginning commit on branch '#######'
> mtn: warning: [string "<std hooks>"]:33: bad argument #1 to 'unpack' (table
> expected, got nil)
> mtn: misuse: edit of log message failed

No, that is not the real branch name. You might have guessed that
already ;-)

Version of Monotone ist still 0.44 throughout our network. I didn't have
the nerve to upgrade yet, the first try bothered me with the demand of a
lot of manual labour, so I repelled that for quite a while.

Recent changes on that particular machine include an upgrade to KDE 4
and in course of that a recompilation or upgrade of many other packages.
Other mtn commands like sync or status work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Philipp