Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn-viz

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn-viz
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:09:48 +0100

Richard Levitte wrote:
> What's happening with mtn-viz?  Which of the branches is the most
> current?  I just tried nvm.monotone-viz.new-stdio, thinking that it
> should work, but can't get it to compile properly:

The new-stdio branch is meant to be compatible with the monotone
automate interface in 0.47. However, the code currently in the new-stdio
branch is buggy, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=574562. I was sent a
patch by the upstream author of the new-stdio changes to fix it in
March. It's rather concerning that the patch I was sent doesn't seem to
be present in any monotone-viz repository, despite being copied to the
monotone-viz developer. Also, the current release version of
monotone-viz doesn't even contain the buggy support for 0.47.

> ocamlopt.opt  -I /usr/lib/ocaml/3.10.1/lablgtk2 -I glib  -c glib/viz_gmisc.ml
> File "glib/viz_gmisc.ml", line 4, characters 33-64:
> Error: Unbound type constructor Gtk.obj
> make: *** [glib/viz_gmisc.cmx] Fel 2

I can't replicate that, monotone-viz builds fine for me. Alas, I know
nothing about OCaml.

Francis