[Monotone-devel] Quick poll

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Quick poll
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:02:58 +0200

Hi everyone!

I'm listening to you and the release concerns, which (again) popped up
recently. And since I don't want to behave like a self-opinionated
bastard which just pushes things to the very end while people are
uncomfortable with the situation, here is the new plan:

1) I will release 0.48 this weekend (probably Sunday) when the remaining
openBSD issues have been sorted out. The translation team therefor has a
one or two more days to improve the i18n side, but its not that crucial
anymore to bring them up to 100% excellence since we won't hit 0.99 next.

2) After 0.48 is out, the next dev version will be 0.99dev.

3) Tim and Stephe proposed to set up a list of things we really want to
get done and which are also doable in a reasonable time frame before
0.99 / 1.0 hits the streets. I'd like to target this fall for 0.99 and
we should really try to get things done until then.

4) I'll tweak the old RoadMap [0] wiki page and bring it up-to-date.
People are invited to add more things which they want to see in 1.0 and
we're collaboratively voting on them and moving them into the
appropriate position afterwards. To avoid new features added constantly
afterwards, feature proposals for 1.0 are only open until Sunday.

Is everybody ok with that?

Thomas.

PS: Wish me luck tomorrow - I'll be on the LinuxTag in Berlin and try to
persuade a hosting company (Thomas Krenn AG) to sponsor [1] us some
hardware :)

[0] http://monotone.ca/wiki/RoadMap/
[1]
http://www.thomas-krenn.com/de/unternehmen/news/action.view/entity.detail/detail_key.280.html