Re: [Monotone-devel] Quick poll

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Quick poll
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:17:17 +0200

Am 11.06.2010 12:56, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
>> [...] Is everybody ok with that?
>
> Excellent plan.

Cool!

> We might as well start the 2.0 list now; anything that doesn't make 1.0
> is a candidate for 2.0.
>
> I just added 'update conflict handling' and 'overwritable, negatable
> options'.

I was just in the process and reworked the complete page to a more dense
layout. Could I ask you and link the explanations for either idea to a
wiki page or a mailing list post? And please only set branch names which
actually already exists, otherwise people might get confused.

For now I've added the options task for 1.0 and the update conflict
handling in untargeted - we might as well include the latter in 1.1, 1.2
or so if its ready and since the work hasn't even be started yet, I
refuse to put it for a particular milestone.

The things for 1.0 / 2.0 which haven't been started are just already
there because they're blockers, i.e. we absolutely want them to pop up
in this particular release... if there are more such items, we might
move them up from "Not targeted" or add them as new, but I advise
everyone here to be very, very conservative, especially if you don't
plan to do the particular work yourself :)

>> PS: Wish me luck tomorrow - I'll be on the LinuxTag in Berlin and try to
>> persuade a hosting company (Thomas Krenn AG) to sponsor [1] us some
>> hardware :)
>
> Go for it!

Thanks,
Thomas.