Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.48 released

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.48 released
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:37:22 +0200

Am 14.06.2010 11:08, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> We, the monotone developers, are very proud to announce the new 0.48
>> release of our distributed version control system.
>
> Thanks for your work on this, and everyone else's, too.
>
> After the releasek, you bumped the version to 0.99dev. It was suggested
> to use 0.90 instead, in case we need 0.91 before 1.0. I think that's a
> good idea.

Well, actually we don't want another point release between 0.99 and 1.0.
We should concentrate on getting 0.99 stable and out within the next
couple of weeks and then finalize i18n and fix open bugs from 0.99 for
1.0. And I plan to make the time span between 0.99 and 1.0 reasonably
long enough to let enough people find bugs which we can fix by then.
Having more minor steps between 0.9x and 1.0 just makes it harder to
stop people merging features into mainline during that time... i.e.
"hey, stabilizing these new things shouldn't be a problem, we have a
couple of more point releases left, right?!".

And if we really, really need another pre-release for some weird reason
(which I doubt, though), we can still make an 1.0 release candidate.

Thomas.