[Monotone-devel] Re: No sponsored hardware :(

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: No sponsored hardware :(
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:04:39 +0200

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Is anyone here on the list which could offer us a Xen instance on his
> physical server?

I can offer a FreeBSD jail[1] on my new german server, which I think
could be adequate[2] for the task.

It sports a FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE kernel and uses ZFS as root filesystem.
(the two disks are in mirror)

Due to the IPv4 address shortage the provider is now requesting "good
reasons" in order to receive any IPv4 address after the first (and up to
4 max), so I'm not *sure* I can guarantee that (but I hope so, and there
can be ways to avoid the need for that, with a bit of tinkering).

Links:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD_jail
2. http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/eq4/

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks, which shows
you how good we are at evaluating risk.” (Bruce Schneier, "Beyond Fear",
2003)